We are Ori Industries 1 Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 11622392, with our registered office address at Tintagel House, 92 Albert Embankment, London, United Kingdom SE1 7TY.
We are committed to maintaining the trust of everyone we work with. We are GDPR-compliant, and aim to go beyond this standard. Whether browsing the website or signing up to our newsletter, you’ll find information here on how we protect your privacy and keep your data safely secure.
Visiting our Website
When someone visits ori.co , we use third party services provided by Google, such as Google Analytics, to collect standard internet logging information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to our website, which parts they are engaging with and from where in the world visitors are from. The information is processed in an anonymous way which does not allow us to identify individuals: we don’t make any attempt to find out the identities of visitors to our website, and don’t allow Google to do so either. You can find out more about how cookies are used on our website in our Cookies Policy below.
If we do collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will make it clear when we collect it and explain what we intend to do with that personal information.
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably needed in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our services; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes. However, we aim to remove data that we determine to no longer be of use, on a recurring basis. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of such data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of such data, the purposes for which we process it, and the applicable legal requirements.
As part of the registration process for visitors looking to engage with us further, we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about what you’ve asked us to tell you about, and to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information depending on which list you subscribed to. We don’t exchange or sell email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, Hubspot, to deliver our newsletter and gather subscriptions. We have access to statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting our data protection officer Melissa Doré.
Using our Platform
When users create an account with us to use our Service, we collect personal information such as names, emails and geolocation. In addition to this, we and our partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may employ software technology known as an embedded script. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. This provides us with:
- Analytics Data: Including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the time zone, activity information (first and last active date and time), usage history as well as the pages, links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with.
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold, and can email your request to our data protection officer Melissa Doré. Should you have any issues with how we process data, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We aim to keep our privacy notice under regular review: this privacy notice was updated on 15 May 2023.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites and online services work properly and/or more efficiently. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device, and allow our services to recognise you and remember important information (like your user preferences).
How Long Are Cookies Stored For?
There are different categories of cookies which are stored for different periods of time. For example, a persistent cookie will remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie. Session cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies on our Website
Here are all the different types of cookies we may use on this site:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our website, and cannot therefore be turned off without severely affecting your user experience.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor: all information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous, and only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you make to improve your user experience. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Third Party Cookies: These cookies allow third parties to track the success of their application or customise the application for you. Because of how cookies work we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used on our site. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check those websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- Controlling Cookies: You may refuse to accept cookies from our services at any time by disabling cookies in your browser or on your device. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your browser provider’s website, or you can find out more information about cookies at All About Cookies and Your Online Choices.
We and third parties acting on our behalf (e.g.LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter) operate on our behalf to collect information about your online activities over time and provide you with advertising tailored to your interests. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
LinkedIn Insight Tag
You can also prevent the collection on LinkedIn of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website and the processing of this data by LinkedIn by setting an opt-out cookie that prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website.
Disable LinkedIn Insight Tag
The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
The data processing is justified in each case according to (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, since we have a legitimate interest in displaying personalised advertising to you and evaluating the use of our website.
LinkedIn Lead Generation
We value your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your personal information. When you engage with our lead generation forms in LinkedIn gated content campaigns, we collect only the necessary data required to provide you with relevant resources and information. This may include your name, email address, and company name. We assure you that your information will be securely stored and used solely for the purpose of communicating with you, delivering content, and qualifying your interest in Ori.
Our website utilises the Reddit Pixel, a tracking and analytics tool provided by Reddit, Inc. This technology allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and understand user interactions with our content on Reddit. The Reddit Pixel collects certain information when you visit our website, including your device's IP address, browser type, referring page, pages visited, and interactions with our site, such as clicks and conversions.
The information gathered through the Reddit Pixel is used solely for analytical and advertising purposes, helping us tailor our content and campaigns to better suit your interests. It assists us in delivering more relevant and engaging content to Reddit users who share similar preferences. Please note that the Reddit Pixel does not identify you personally or provide access to your individual profile on Reddit.
Our website uses the Twitter pixel, a tracking technology provided by Twitter, Inc. ("Twitter"). The Twitter pixel allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns on the Twitter platform, analyse user interactions with our website after viewing or engaging with our Twitter ads, and tailor the content and advertisements you see on Twitter based on your interactions with our website. The pixel collects and transmits data such as your device information, browser information, IP address, and website activity.
Google Analytics (GA4) and Google Ads
We utilise Google Analytics for Firebase (GA4) and Google Ads tracking to enhance your browsing experience and improve our advertising efforts. These tools enable us to gather insights into user behaviour on our website and optimise the effectiveness of our Google Ads campaigns. The data collected includes but is not limited to your device type, browser information, IP address, and interactions with our site's content. We treat this data with the utmost care, ensuring its security and confidentiality.
In compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in alignment with the principle of legitimate interest, we use HubSpot forms to collect and process your personal information. The information you provide through these forms, such as your name, email address, and company name, is used to effectively communicate with you, deliver relevant content, and enhance your engagement with our services. We assure you that your data is securely stored and accessed only by authorised personnel for the intended purposes.
We believe that our use of your data is based on a legitimate interest to provide you with valuable information and resources related to our products and services. You have the right to access, rectify, or erase your data, as well as to object to its processing, by contacting us. By submitting information through HubSpot forms, you acknowledge the practices outlined in this policy and grant consent to the collection and processing of your data for the specified purposes.