We are Ori Industries 1 Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 11622392, with our registered office address at Tintagel House, 92 Albert Embankment, London, United Kingdom SE1 7TY.
We are committed to maintaining the trust of everyone we work with. We are GDPR-compliant, and aim to go beyond this standard. Whether browsing the website or signing up to our newsletter, you’ll find information here on how we protect your privacy and keep your data safely secure.
Visiting our Website
When someone visits ori.co , we use third party services provided by Google, such as Google Analytics, to collect standard internet logging information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to our website, which parts they are engaging with and from where in the world visitors are from. The information is processed in an anonymous way which does not allow us to identify individuals: we don’t make any attempt to find out the identities of visitors to our website, and don’t allow Google to do so either. You can find out more about how cookies are used on our website in our Cookies Policy below.
If we do collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will make it clear when we collect it and explain what we intend to do with that personal information.
As part of the registration process for visitors looking to engage with us further, we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about what you’ve asked us to tell you about, and to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information depending on which list you subscribed to. We don’t exchange or sell email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, Hubspot, to deliver our newsletter and gather subscriptions. We have access to statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting our data protection officer Melissa Doré.
Using our Platform
When users create an account with us to use our Service, we collect personal information such as names, emails and geolocation. In addition to this, we and our partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may employ software technology known as an embedded script. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. This provides us with:
- Analytics Data: Including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the time zone, activity information (first and last active date and time), usage history as well as the pages, links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with.
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold, and can email your request to our data protection officer Melissa Doré. Should you have any issues with how we process data, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We aim to keep our privacy notice under regular review: this privacy notice was updated on 15 May 2023.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites and online services work properly and/or more efficiently. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device, and allow our services to recognise you and remember important information (like your user preferences).
How Long Are Cookies Stored For?
There are different categories of cookies which are stored for different periods of time. For example, a persistent cookie will remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie. Session cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies on our Website
Here are all the different types of cookies we may use on this site:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our website, and cannot therefore be turned off without severely affecting your user experience.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor: all information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous, and only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you make to improve your user experience. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Third Party Cookies: These cookies allow third parties to track the success of their application or customise the application for you. Because of how cookies work we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used on our site. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check those websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- Controlling Cookies: You may refuse to accept cookies from our services at any time by disabling cookies in your browser or on your device. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your browser provider’s website, or you can find out more information about cookies at All About Cookies and Your Online Choices.
We and third parties acting on our behalf (e.g.LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter) operate on our behalf to collect information about your online activities over time and provide you with advertising tailored to your interests. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
LinkedIn Insight Tag
You can also prevent the collection on LinkedIn of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website and the processing of this data by LinkedIn by setting an opt-out cookie that prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website.
Disable LinkedIn Insight Tag
The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
The data processing is justified in each case according to (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, since we have a legitimate interest in displaying personalized advertising to you and evaluating the use of our website.